Kathy’s was referred to the project after a referral from Wonder Plus, who rehabilitate female offenders and support women at risk of offending. Kathy left education with no qualifications, little job experience and shortly after became a parent. Kathy’s main aim for joining the project was to be a better role model to her children, something that she sadly lacked as a child. She wanted to gain qualifications and particularly had an interest in caring for the elderly after many positive encounter’s with care staff looking after her grandparents.
- The employment team started to arrange regular meetings with a project officer to develop a CV and how to begin an effective job search.
- She was supported throughout making job applications and was given access to further education.
- Addressing her lack of confidence and self-esteem
- Completed a ‘Better off Calculation’ helping her to understand what she could claim with the costs of childcare.
- Support throughout a grant application for Kathy to have access to a laptop to complete any necessary training.
- Gained a English functional skill qualification
- Level 2 Principles of Dementia (pending)
Following the referral, Kathy has continued to develop in confidence, professionally and continues to set a good example for her children.